Village Improvement at Kampung Aston
A Village Improvement program was done at Kampung Aston to uplift the rural area and guide them to better life. There are an estimated population of 10 families living in the area. Aston Village in Alma is known among the locals to be one of the poorest area in Bukit Mertajam with many villagers living under basic poverty line.
Among services rendered were:
- Self sustaining – Planting of trees for future consumption
- Cleaning of houses and surroundings
- House repair -Repair house of Mr.Dhayalan (with 7 kids and earning less than 600rm monthly)
- Providing dry rations for villagers. This will be carried out on monthly basis.
- Mass cooking and feeding
- Providing bed and matresses
- Cutting the grass around the village