STAR (Student Training in Attitude and Responsibility)
STAR is a human values based motivational programme for teenagers who are weak in character as well as in the academic area.
The main purpose of this programme is to help teenagers in their character building by instilling human values into their hearts and minds. STAR aims to mould these teenagers to have a positive and correct attitude, and to be responsible human beings.
STAR runs for six months by conducting weekly one-hour sessions, two outdoor motivational camps and concluding with weekly tuition of important examination subjects.
The main objective of the programme is to instil in students:
- the urge and need to succeed and excel academically and in life human values
- self worth and confidence
- the need and desire to study
- positive attitude and a sense of responsibility
The target audience include students who are academically weak and have low self-esteem and confidence, as well as undisciplined and notorious students.
Schools who have adopted the programme have seen significant improvement in their student’s character and academic achievements.
Some of the schools who have run the STAR programme are:
- SMK Sultan Abdul Samad, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- SMK La Salle, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- SMK Bukit Bintang (L), Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- SMK Kelana Jaya, Selangor
- SMK Bandar Utama 1, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- SMK Sri Permata, Petaling Jaya, Selangor